Program Coordinator (Part-Time Contract)
The National Media Awards Foundation (NMAF) is seeking a Program Coordinator to join its dynamic team in Toronto. A bilingual charity dedicated to promoting excellence in journalism and visual creation, the NMAF produces three distinct awards programs: the National Magazine Awards, the Digital Publishing Awards and the National Magazine Awards: B2B.
Terms and Remuneration: The length of the contract will be from February 15th, 2020 to June 30, 2020 with the possibility of renewal. The average weekly commitment may range from 18-25 hours per week. Working hours are flexible except at specific times, and most work may be completed remotely. Rate: $18/h.
Description: This role provides a unique opportunity to help promote the work of Canada’s best creators and shape our country’s most prestigious industry awards programs. The successful candidate will have experience in marketing/communications, and the ability to engage audiences through social media, and other communications outlets.
Reporting to and working in consultation with the NMAF Programs and Communications Manager, the Program Coordinator specifically will:
- Help coordinate the awards programs and outreach with the Canadian media industry;
- Assist with the judging process;
- Assist in the development and distribution of a podcast series;
- Assist with the production of the awards shows and other special events;
- Write and proofread various communications material, including newsletters, press releases, gala programs, and show scripts;
- Assist with ongoing projects to promote the NMAF and its various initiatives;
- Respond to requests for information from stakeholders;
- Attend staff, board, and committee meetings and events as required.
- Bilingualism (French-English) a very strong asset.
- Pursuing or recently completed a degree or diploma in the field of Communications, Publishing,
Administration, Event Management, Public Relations, Journalism, or similar;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Solid writing and editing skills;
- Ability to work independently and on deadline with goal-oriented projects;
- Career aspirations in the media industry or similar;
- Strong interest in fulfilling the mandate and vision of the National Media Awards Foundation;
- Familiarity with the Canadian magazine and/or digital media industry an asset.
- Gain practical knowledge of the Canadian media industry;
- Play an important role in the execution of NMAF projects and events;
- Make a great first impression on writers, editors, publishers, and other members of the industry;
- Enhance your skill set in communications, publicity, administration, event planning, writing, editing, podcasting, and non-profit organizations;
- Learn more about Canadian magazines and digital publishers from the NMAF’s wonderful team of staff, board members, and stakeholders;
- Participate in one of Canada’s most important cultural events, the National Magazine Awards Gala, the NMA:B2B Luncheon and the Digital Publishing Awards Soirée.
Candidates should submit:
- A cover letter (written in English and French where possible) demonstrating their specific interest in the position;
- A resume.
Please send applications by email to NMAF Programs and Communications Manager Leah Edwards at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: February 7, 2020.